Sunday 11 April 2010

Anna Jeffries...round for tea!



A couple of months ago, i used a "Anna Jeffries" creation in one of my shoots, she came round and i had a chance to ask her some brief questions! i hope you can also appreciate my fab photo shoot, in the snow with some faux fur and lots of love! Enjoy...



How long have u been a designer and how did you get into it?

I have only been designing for 18months. I taught myself to sew out of creative frustration. I had studded fine art painting at uni. When i completed my degree i lost all my drive. Designing and making is when i am my most happy!



What inspires you?

I am inspired by so many things. But there are two things that rock my world African prints, just love the colours textures and designs. I love it when my mother in law tells me there meanings! I also totally love 50's and early 60's design. Well cut clothes for women i mean real women with shape!



3 words to describe your personal style...

eclectic, pin up, classic ;-)



Do you have any style icons, if so who are they?

Oh i love people who dare to be outrageous with there style like Grace Jones, or the beautifully curvy January Jones from mad men!




What do you feel about fashion embracing plus size models, with recent feature in Vogue, V and high fashion magazines?

I think it is high time the catwalk embarrassed plus sized models. In my opinion clothes look amazing on a woman's figure. This obsession with in my opinion boyish figures is baffling to me! the idea is they are like a clothes hanger but i spend more time looking at the bony chests than looking at the clothes!



How can we get hold of your range and where can we see more?

we are in the process of re branding and are about to launch a new website but if anyone is interested in using our bespoke service they can just drop me an email at jazzandjeffeverythignforever@yahoo.com or give me a call on 07737870415. Keep your eyes peel for my new venture!

u saw it here first, love always Teiko x

No comments: